Followers

Friday, November 2, 2007

The Life We Live

Life is short. You have heard that said over and over again.... What does that mean to you? To me it means not doing what I want to do and doing things that are required of me not what I want to do. Right now I am reworking my life and doing what I want to do everyday. I realize that the secret is how I allow myself to spend my time. How we spend our time is dictated by what we do. That is absolutely true.

There are certain things we cannot avoid. Paying bills. Working so we can make money to pay the bills. Cleaning the house. Shopping etc...etc...etc... What we have control over are our thoughts. I am working on stopping wasting my time on thoughts that get me no where. They are the thoughts about "what might happen if." They are the thoughts about people,places, and situations that I have no control over.

You would think that after surviving cancer I would spend each and every day in joyous celebration over having a second chance at life. That is how I spent many of my days following the end of treatment. Then life started to get in the way. I lost the vision of what was importanat. I started to think about things that I had no control over. Worry was the number one enemy in my life that prevented me from taking the time to re evalutate what was important. Even when I knew that life is as fragile as an egg shell I allowed myself to go head first into certain situations that did not promote my emotional well being and as a matter of fact I became lost in the emotional ocean of worry, anger and fear.

Then one day I said to myself, "Hey what are you doing? Do you realize that you are wasting the life that was given back to you!" I was amazed that I allowed myself to become bogged down with things that I could not change even for a second. There are certain things in life that you just have to accept. I do not think I need to give examples of this. I am certain we are all aware of what we waste time on.

I want to be alive and live life. I want to be in a state of joyful wonder all the time. I do not want to wonder and worry about life. I just realize that acceptance of life is greater. I have taken life by the horns and want to ride it for all it is worth. I know that I can do what ever I want to do. The trick is to know what to do....

That is what I am working on now. I want to be able to go out and lecture, write again, and just enjoy the day. Enjoy your life...you created where you are...if you do not like it then change it. Remember to take care of yourself....Enjoy the day

No comments: